Wednesday, December 30, 2009

130. In Praise of Slowness, Carl Honoré

An entertaining and enlightening survey of the Slow movement: Slow Food, slow sex, slow schooling, slow work, slow music. . . a slower, better life.

My second break with the 25-Word Rule. In Praise of Slowness may not be my last book for the year, but I think it will be my last entry in this blog. It's been interesting exercise in conciseness, not to mention seeing how many books I read, but Honoré has made me look at the down side. Numbers start being important -- and they aren't. I find I reject magazines in favour of books because it will affect what I can post. Length and difficulty begin to count -- negatively. The blog frequently feels like a chore since I already am listing the books on Book Mooch and, occasionally, Book Crossing. Maybe if I feel strongly about a book, it can be logged on my regular blog.

1 comment:

Followers